nafex - [nafex] Water - Rooting Cuttings

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Water - Rooting Cuttings
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:51:40 -0500

Hello All,

I need some expert advice...

When rooting cuttings (grapes, pome fruit, currants, etc),
how do you know when to add water, and when to leave them
alone?

Being novice at this, I am sure that my improper use of
water was the cause of a lot of my failed cuttings last
year.

Just touching the surface doesn't seem to tell the tale of
what is going on at the bottome of the 6" deep pot.

Assuming you have the proper rooting medium, how do you best
use water?

Regards,
Tom
--