nafex - Re: [nafex] tree guards

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] tree guards
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:25:28 -0500

Hi,

I can tell you that if you have snow, two feet is not high enough.

I have two apple whips that are gone where the 3' spriral wrap ends. The
snow was at
least 2' deep, and a rabbit on top of the snow ate the top of the tree.

In my inlaw's orchard up the road, a rabbit ate all the buds off the lower
branches.
Deep snow is a rabbits best friend.

Regards,
Tom