nafex - [nafex] Re: Che

  • From: lostman_amiga@yahoo.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Che
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 16:18:00 -0000

--- In nafex@y..., "Pete" <pete@r...> wrote:
> Hi Tom
> Thanks for the information.....I had already found this site. In
> fact...it's the only info I can find on Che. I know there has gotta
be
> more somewhere....I have mine ordered from Edible
Landscaping....their
> advertisement says it is a grafted, seedless tree and will
bear.....it
> fits the description of the wished for one on this site...here the
> spot about the one I ordered....
> http://www.eat-it.com/frames.htm
> Che
> Seedless Che
>

> (Cudrania tricuspidata). A small rounded fall-fruiting ornamental
> tree. These are superior grafted trees. Bears splendid crop of
lovely
> red clusters over the entire tree. A center of attention at ripening
> time. fully ripe fruits are juicy, sweet, very pleasant and fig-like
> in taste. Completely seedless. Zone 6-9.
> Gallon $25
>
> What do you think of this ????? Would you possibly know of any
other
> sources of info ?
> Thanks very much.
> Pete Benfield 8b
> Southeast La.

Ususally if I have question about an unsual edible plant, I start at
the "plants for a future" web site. They have an extensive database.
Not to much information, but enough to get me started.

its best to do the search with Latin names

http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/D_search.html

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/981735487/