nafex - Re: [nafex] Governor Wood vs. Coe's Transparent

  • From: Don Yellman <dyellman@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Governor Wood vs. Coe's Transparent
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 21:02:00 -0500

My gosh David, the papers are really slow to get to your place. I guess
that's
because you're out on the end of that little road. Maybe that 1863 cherry
grower meant the Gov. Wood was slow to come into bearing. That is certainly
true. Mine took 4 year to start blooming, and another 3-4 years to begin to
set fruit. After that, it has never failed, but it really started to bear
when
the Stark Gold began blooming nearby. One of these springs, say between May
15-30, you should jump in the pickup and come up to judge the beauty of the
tree
and fruit for yourself. It's now 20 years old, over 25 ft. tall, and healthy
as
a horse. Never heard of the Coe cherry, but I know there is a Coe College in
Iowa, the land of my origin. Rgds, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA