nafex - Re: [nafex] Brown-rot resistant peaches

  • From: "David A. Consolvo" <fruitopia@FIRSTVA.COM>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Brown-rot resistant peaches
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:08:59 -0500

I'm not against spraying, but I just don't enjoy it. This is a hobby for me
(an intensive hobby), and it's just my preference that if I have to spray
it, I don't grow it. Same goes for thinning, usually. I grow about 30
species of fruits, nuts, and berries, so if I can't grow peaches, no big
deal.

BUT if there IS a peach which I can grow with no spraying and without much
brown rot, I want to know about it. That's part of the fun, finding just
the right cultivars out of the thousands extant.

Thanks,
David
Hungrytown, Virginia, Zone 7
<fruitopia@firstva.com>