nafex - Re: [nafex] Brown-rot resistant peaches

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Brown-rot resistant peaches
  • Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 17:16:56 -0600

David,
Instead of limiting your variety choices in peaches and nectarine, is it
possible for you to spray trees 2 to 3 during the growing season? If so, I
strongly recommend a dormant spray with neem seed oil, another spray with it
a blossom fall and third spray when peaches are thinned. You can skip the
3rd spraying if the weather is not consistently rainy. Neem seed oil, in my
experience, takes care of everything--brown rot, blights and many bugs.
And, the oil is not toxic. Just my 2 cents.
Doreen Howard
Zone 4b, Wisconsin