nafex - Re: [nafex] Bearcreek closed - who else has scionwood?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Bearcreek closed - who else has scionwood?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:48:37 -0800

He also has a lot of his own finds. His situation is such that he looks for
traits few others would think of. One is for what he calls "dummy" apples
that will hang on the tree into winter and not be harmed by freezing. He
takes these in in midwinter and squeezes them for clear juice. I suspect
some of them would have the tannins and sugar to be excellent hard cider
types, but since he also doesn't use alcohol, that will be for others to
test.