nafex - Re: [nafex] Looking for Arkansas Black Apple

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Looking for Arkansas Black Apple
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 06:02:09 -0500

Naomi Ann Counides wrote:

> I have an aunt in Durham NC and I said I would try to track down a source
> for Arkansas Black for her. When I looked it up in BearCreek The
> description mentioned resistance to Coddling moth. Is this true???? And
> where can my aunt get a tree.
> Naomi Counides

My response--------

We (Rocky Meadow) have trees of Ark. Black (spur type-natural dwarf).
And no, it is not resistant to colding moth, but is fairly resistent to homo
sapiens due to cardboard like taste!! It does become edible by Feb.
GoldRush and Fuji are much better choices for late ripening and high
quality long storage apples.

Ed, So. Indiana, heaven etc.