nafex - Re: [nafex] gypsy moth caviar & Weight Watchers

  • From: "Bill Russell" <shaman@penn.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] gypsy moth caviar & Weight Watchers
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:17:37 -0500

Lucky, I've talked with a local archeologist about Native Americans' diet.
He told me that evidence from analysis of ancient dwelling sites shows that
Native Americans ate insects as a significant part of their diet. I also
read somewhere a few years ago that the fat and protein of insects may be
superior to meat, but the article may have been written by someone soap
boxing yet another "natural" diet system.

Maybe the early Native Americans knew something we don't? Should we eat our
orchard and garden insect pests instead of spraying poisons around?

Bill