nafex - Re: [nafex] Macoun

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Macoun
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 11:57:25 +0000

I was told by a commercial grower in NH that he had received his Macouns
from four different sources and that the trees/fruit from the four
displayed differences. In his oppinion, there was an obvious
inconsistency within the variety. This person has patented a variety and
is therefore familiar with the drill and what the expected results should
be as far as consistent characteristics. This is his oppinion, I have to
buy Macoun as my only Macoun tree turned out to be a Spartan!?!?!