nafex - Re: [nafex] Blue Understory

  • From: rick valley <bamboogrove@cmug.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Blue Understory
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 01 16:01:15 -0700

OK, Lee, I did a rudimentary net search, found out Florida betony is Stachys
floridana; now I can't imagine a SE US noxious weed is going to do well here,
but the info from Dan H. that it grows well with Blueberry in FL, joking or
not, tells me there might be something to investigate with, perhaps, one of
the (rather nice) native Stachys species here in W. OR; which I happen to be
propagating already. So I'll check out how they do with blueberries. I just
can't demonize a plant. Except, of course, English Ivy, weed of Satan. ;)
-Rick

Rick Valley Northern Groves
PO Box 1236, Philomath, OR 97370
Mobile-(541)602-1315, hm.& msg. (541)456-4364 Bamboo catalog $3 or at
<http://www.teleport.com/~dbrooks/bamboo.html>
"Useful Bamboos and other plants‹ Permaculture education‹ Ecological design &
consultation centering on water,landform and horticultural systems"