nafex - Re: [nafex] Nanking cherry - fresh quality?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Nanking cherry - fresh quality?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:52:38 -0800

Nanking cherries area lost cause in the Pacific NW. They bloom too early
and the rain and cool temperatures virtually insure that brown rot and/or
pseudomonas blast the blossoms and kill back the shoots. During the warm,
dry part of the summer the new shoots grow out nice and clean, lulling you
into thinking you can try again. Never works. The only way to grow them
would be under rain shelter and hand pollinate them.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom