nafex - Re: [nafex] Pawpaw Report

  • From: Oak24@aol.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Pawpaw Report
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 22:24:24 EDT

I have had the same experience here with my paw paws. Most are hard yet.
Some of my trees have ripened fully. All are seedlings from Corwins patch.
I have about 60 trees planted in 1988. They are just starting to really
produce. The planting is on a very dry and sandy site. The persimmons I
have are also very late this year. Usually I have a few trees which are
mostly done by Oct. 1 . This year they are just starting. Three years ago
I had the same problem. Last year almost all the trees ripened. These trees
have been producing for about seven years. I have about 50 or so producing
female seedlings. Quite a variation in fruit size etc. Still the deer love
them all.

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Access Tellme from any phone. For more info visit:
http://click.egroups.com/1/9534/15/_/423498/_/971663080/