nafex - Re: [nafex] Aligning the dominant root

  • From: "Dan & Marilyn Mason" <dmason@rainyriver.lakeheadu.ca>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Aligning the dominant root
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 22:09:33 -0500

Thursday, October 05, Michael Phillips wrote:

< Trees planted out in the orchard with this dominant root aligned
towards the magnetic pole will assure the tree continues to grow
in alignment with the sun the same way it did in the nursery.>
------------------

Michael,

I've never paid attention to the roots of trees I transplant, but
if there are any side branches to the trees I always try to plant
the tree facing either the south or the greatest exposure to
sunlight in a clearing. The upper parts of trees always grow
toward their maximum exposure to light. It's usually pretty easy
to see which way they have been facing and plant accordingly.

I have no idea if facing the tree backwards from how it was
growing in the nursery would deter or slow its growth. I've never
tried it. Trees just look better facing the same way they have
been growing.

Dan Mason zone 3, NW Ontario, Canada

Tellme Sports. Tellme Stocks. Tellme News. Just Tellme.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9530/15/_/423498/_/970802053/