nafex - Re: [nafex] Aligning the dominant root

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Aligning the dominant root
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:13:10 -0500

I don't know about a dominant root, but I too, have had old-timers tell me
that if you're digging, say, a dogwood, out of the woods for transplanting,
to 'tag' a branch on the north side, and place it in its new site with that
side oriented toward the north.
If you look at trunk cross-sections, you'll find that the bark is thicker
on one side than on the other (though I can't recall at this point in time,
if it's thicker on the north or south side).
Maybe there's really something to it, though I would think a young tree
would adjust pretty rapidly to a new orientation.
Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9332/15/_/423498/_/970780385/