nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple Question - to Claude

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple Question - to Claude
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 23:57:49 -0400

A 13:05 00.10.04 -0700, vous avez écrit :
>I'm impressed, Claude, that's fantastic.
>
>When will you be able to sell the program to home gardeners and mini orchard
>businesses like myself?
>
>Derry

Derry,
I would really like to. However, it is not as easy as it may sound. First,
the program is written for only one user - this means there is no help (I
don't really need any as I wrote it) and that there are some bugs. It is a
completely different task to write a program for oneself compared with a
program for general public.
Secondly, it is written in French...
So, in order to fulfill your wish, I would have to rewrite everything
professionnally, as a bilingual program, and compile it as a standalone
application. It is possible, but a lot of work. I estimate a minimum of 2
months full time. And I really can't see in the near future when I could do
this - Sorry...

Tom was suggesting that I could move my program into a web powered
database. This would be possible, but I don't think it would be less work
for me.

In the mean time, you can ask questions and if I have the data, I will answer.

Claude

Get free updates on your stocks from any phone with Tellme!
Click here and you can even personalize these quotes.
http://click.egroups.com/1/9536/15/_/423498/_/970804608/

  • Re: [nafex] Apple Question - to Claude, Claude Jolicoeur, 10/05/2000