nafex - Re: [nafex] Dormant Grafting of Peaches

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Dormant Grafting of Peaches
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 05:10:29 -0400

Get a NextCard Visa with rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get approval decisions in 30 seconds!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9334/15/_/423498/_/969872696/

Greetings, John and NAFEX land:

"J. Rosano II" wrote:

> Along the lines of peach...
> When would possibly be the best time to take cuttings and attempt
> rooting with medium and hormones.
> Also if you do not have a greenhouse is there a successful method
> or technique to promote the rooting process other than the conventional
> greenhouse method any "off the cuff" theories?

My response----------

Most all decidious plants (those that loose their leaves each fall) can
be rooted successfully if cuttings are taken at the "correct" time.
Naturally occurring hormones (don't you just luv 'em!) translocate downward
(from terminals) beginning in mid-late summer.
If one can take cuttings when a large portion of these hormones are
around the base (limb collar) of the cutting, I'd suspect that they could be
rooted without additional or outside IBA, etc.
The most common method of rooting peach and several other stone fruits
is under mist in a greenhouse which is most effective during summer months.

Hope this helps.

Ed, So. Indiana, Heaven, etc.