nafex - [nafex] off topic -- keeping cut apples and pears fresh

  • From: "Alan Garrison" <hounddog@rica.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] off topic -- keeping cut apples and pears fresh
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:34:50 -0000

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9332/15/_/423498/_/969885292/

I am planning a party and want to serve cut asian pears and apples
fresh.

I need to cut the fruit in the morning to serve in the afternoon.
Say, cut around 10 serve from 3-7. How best to keep the fruit fresh?

I heard one country remedy which seems to work pretty well with
apples, but not with pears: to immerse in Sprite.

I tried some citric acid in a water bath, both quick dip and soak.
The quick dip seemed the better of the two.

However, while this is off topic, I KNOW folks on the list will have
some suggestions, and I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.