nafex - Re: [nafex] Overwintering fig question

  • From: "Helga and Bert Dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Overwintering fig question
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 12:54:22 -0400

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no annual fee!
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/9332/15/_/423498/_/969733525/

We are in zone 4b, have 13 varieties of figs- all in largest pots I can
handle- right now we eat figs every day or two.
In fall I leave pots outside 'til all foliage drops- then into the back of
our barely heated/poor light garage- about 40/45'F
Every two weeks give them a very small amount of coldest water available.
Try not to leave garage door open too long to avoid severe freezing
About mid Feb/first of March, in spite of temp & lousy light, new branches
& green leaves start to appear, also a few brebas.
Growth in garage is rank & I pinch back frequently
About first of April I move to a unheated glass porch , fertilizing
lightly/increasing water supply.
Wait for warm weather to put outside.
Works from me in a cold area Bert

Bert Dunn RR4 Tottenham Ont zone 4b