nafex - Re: [nafex] New Hampshire blueberry bragging rights!

  • From: "Betty Mayfield" <bmayfield@columbia-center.org>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] New Hampshire blueberry bragging rights!
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 01:04:11 -0700

In the 1937 edition of the USDA Yearbook of Agriculture, Colville writes a
chapter telling of his early blueberry research in Greenfield, New
Hampshire. He also mentions later research aided by Elizabeth C. White in
New Jersey. There is a web page telling of her encouragement in finding
good blueberry varieties in Whitesbog, New Jersey, which were used for
breeding also.
<http://www.whitesbog.org/ellizabethwhite.html>

It's nice to see these early pioneers getting some recognition.

Betty

http://click.egroups.com/1/7010/0/_/423498/_/967190019/