nafex - Re: [nafex] Chip budding

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Chip budding
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:26:44 -0400

"Raby, Brian {20-4~Indianapolis}" wrote:

Yes, the new growth is about 2 feet and more.  I take it, then, by your question that I would be grafting on this years' wood rather that the older wood that the benchgrafts were grafted onto.  It would seem to me, though, that the new growth would be extremely fragile to cut into.

     My response---------

     Brian------You may chip bud into either 2 year wood, or the current season's growth.  Derry mentioned one of THE most important characters required for success.  Or, they do have to be growing, or they can't be under drought-weed-nutritional stress.
     I've a better idea.  I'm not that far south of you.  If you are keenly interested, drive down sometime and I'll be happy to show you the technique we use.

Ed,  So. Indiana, Heaven, etc.

Don't just travel. Travel right.