nafex - RE: [nafex] Help in Sprouting Sweet Cherry Pits

  • From: "Raby, Brian {20-4~Indianapolis}" <BRIAN.RABY@ROCHE.COM>
  • To: "'nafex@egroups.com'" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Help in Sprouting Sweet Cherry Pits
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 09:36:38 -0400

Title: RE: [nafex] Help in Sprouting Sweet Cherry Pits

There are several ways to scarify seeds; pre-soaking, acid, or even abrasion.  I remember doing a class experiment with black locust seeds, and either by scratching the surface with sandpaper, or a nail file produced sufficient results.  You may want to try and experiment yourself to see which best works on cherry pits.

Brian Raby
Sheridan, IN
Zone 5