nafex - RE: [nafex] Re: Apple seed storage

  • From: "Bell, Richard" <rbell@afrs.ars.usda.gov>
  • To: "'nafex@egroups.com'" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Re: Apple seed storage
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:05:32 -0400

You raise a good point. If the seeds are stratified starting in October,
then they would be start germinating before the end of the year. Unless you
had a greenhouse large enough to accomodate the number of seedlings, that
would be too early. If the seeds are dried and stored in a refrigerator,
they should be rehydrated for a day before being stratified.

Richard

Win A Handyman and make him do it!
http://click.egroups.com/1/6289/0/_/423498/_/963350033/