nafex - Re: [nafex] Balck Walnut

  • From: "Bill Russell" <shaman@penn.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Balck Walnut
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:29:21 -0400

Thanks Bun, for the harmonic inspriation. This would be the spiritually
right thing to do.

But it's wall to wall black walnut trees around here and in my area, it is
all diseased, making the wood of little value. I called some wood buyers to
look over my wooded lot and give an estimate on the value of the walnut, and
they suggested that I go into the firewood business.

But I do gather walnuts every year and I appreciate these beautiful useful
trees, so abundant and generous with their gifts. But in their place, which
is away from my gardens.

Yet I have the same experience as you do with cultivated fruit vs wild. I
get more fruit from the wild plums, raspberries, blackberries, etc. that
grow lurxuriently and unattended around my gardens than I get from the
gooseberries, grapes, blueberries, etc. I work so hard to grow.

Thank goodness that Mother Nature is bailing me out.

Bill