nafex - Re: [nafex] Black Walnut

  • From: "Gordon C. Nofs" <gcnofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Black Walnut
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 12:27:35 EDT

Bill
Pull them up when you see them the first time when they are small. Or
paint new leaves with undiluted roundup. Or use Orthos brush killer, I just
seen it today and it will kill a lot from what it says. I was going to buy a
bottle to get rid of my creeping Trumpet Vine, which spreads over the lawn,
and is now pushing up through my blactop.

Gordon

Every fall the squirrels bring in balck walnuts from all over and plant them
around my property. These can grow into trees and poison my fruit plantings.
So every couple of years, before these seedlings get much higher than a
couple of feet, I get out my heavy pruners and cut them off at ground level.
Problem is, they do not die but regrow to be cut off again.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to keep these from regrowing?

Bill