nafex - [nafex] Balck Walnut

  • From: "Bill Russell" <shaman@penn.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Balck Walnut
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 21:31:10 -0400

Every fall the squirrels bring in balck walnuts from all over and plant them around my property. These can grow into trees and poison my fruit plantings. So every couple of years, before these seedlings get much higher than a couple of feet, I get out my heavy pruners and cut them off at ground level. Problem is, they do not die but regrow to be cut off again.

Does anyone have a suggestion for how to keep these from regrowing?

Bill

ICplanet - Connecting Businessess and Independent Consultants, worldwide