nafex - RE: [nafex] last living johnny appleseed

  • From: Tom Volkening <volkenin@mail.lib.msu.edu>
  • To: "'nafex@egroups.com'" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] last living johnny appleseed
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:12:28 -0400

Ward,
The group American Forests also claims to have trees grown from the last
surviving tree planted by Johnny Appleseed. Of course it sounds like the
cuttings were taken from a different "last surviving tree" than is mentioned
in the story from the we site you gave. Beal Botanical Garden here at
Michigan State University has a few of the apple trees from American Forests
that were planted in the garden last year. For more information about
American Forests see http://www.americanforests.org/
To find out about their Johnny Appleseed tree click on "Plant Famous and
Historic Trees" and then scroll down the page and click on "Rambo Apple
Trees". Who knows who is correct in this case.