nafex - Re: [nafex] FULL size fruit tree stock???

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] FULL size fruit tree stock???
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:25:24 -0400

"Gordon C. Nofs" wrote:

> Hi
> My daughter's friend want's apples, pear, peaches, etc on full size stock.
> Is there any full size stock to be gotten? I know if there is that there are
> not all the varieties she is looking for. So I would like to get full size
> or near full size to graft the varities she wants.
> I did recommend that if she could find what she wants on any stock to buy
> it and then maybe score and put on some rooting hormone and plant the union
> enough below ground level.

My response-------

Victoria's comments are right on target. Also, someone said something to
the effect that Seckel was always on quince. This is an error as Seckel is
not
compatible on any quince clone. However, Seckel (and Honeysweet) are
naturally
dwarfish (10' or so).
Most all peach are budded to full size stocks (lovell).

Hope this helps.

Ed, So. Indiana, Heaven, etc.

Want to win airfare to Vegas for you and 20 friends, $15,000 and a
suite at Bellagio for New Year's? Or 2 roundtrip tickets anywhere in
the U.S. given away daily? Go to Expedia.com for your chance to win...
http://click.egroups.com/1/5292/0/_/423498/_/961028434/