msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] BackPack Question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] BackPack Question
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:19:01 -0600

Barry Wells wrote:
> Heavy Sigh, Its just this type of info that gets people in trouble. Take
>a light source, two is better. We are looking for clues and lost folks.

This thread is about someone going on a wilderness survival weekend,
not SAR. Also, no one said anything about not having any flashlight
at all.

For SAR, I agree a flashlight is required, and carrying a second is
a good idea. However, depending on what you are searching for, the
environment, and the ambient light that night, using the flashlight
may not be your best choice.