msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] BackPack Question

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Barry Wells" <barrywells@tds.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] BackPack Question
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:50:49 -0700

Heavy Sigh, Its just this type of info that gets people in trouble. Take
a light source, two is better. We are looking for clues and lost folks. If
we could fire flares I would do it. Wondering around in the dark will just
get you trouble. Possibly endangering yourself and others. People are lost,
we are not sneaking around trying to be undetected. I have had people call
out when seeing the lights of a search party. While I have worked without
lights I have found that on a dark night in the forest it becomes black as a
tunnel and no amount of "Night Vision" will help you. But that's my opinion.