msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Lippizans

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Hal Sikes" <halsikes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Lippizans
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 15:41:35 -0700

My first response is waiting release from the Administrator......however, I did leave out one other point in that one.

Your riding instructor was poorly informed on the history of both the Lippizans and the Spanish Riding School.  The Spanish Riding School was founded on the basis of the very abilities and performance of the Andalsuians ----- and that's the line that is a large part of the Lippizans blood line.

Had it not been for the direct efforts of Gen. George Patton the Lippizans would not have survived the end of WWII.