msar-riders - [MSAR] New member requirements

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: <horsedriver54@woh.rr.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] New member requirements
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 17:07:04 -0500

Hello I am new to this format. We have a Search and Rescue Team in
Springfield Ohio. We have been in existence since Aug. 2005. Our problem is
when we have people that want to join they don't always work out. What I
would like to ask the group is how do you select new members? do they have
to ride with a mentor, try out, etc. We are training for the parade and
parking lot patrol and wherever the Sheriff needs us. We are all volunteers
and want to keep our number to around 14-15. Any help in how your group
determines if a person will work out would be appreciated. I know you can't
tell in the long run how a person will step up and help but if a person comes
in, for example, and has very aggressive horsemanship, would you invite her
in? thanks for any help lisa