msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Sound Sweeps

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Kinch" <kinch@shaw.ca>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Sound Sweeps
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:41:12 -0700

During a sound sweep there are some false alarms (especially at night) but with practise, you can quickly recognize them. Quite a few of our searches are initiated late in the evening or at night but we haven't had any real incidents where we have been following sounds that turn out to be wildlife.

Joe Kinch
Arrowsmith Search & Rescue
Vancouver Island

----- Original Message ----- From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>