msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR & Cushing's Disease

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: <pennbo@verizon.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR & Cushing's Disease
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:30:31 -0500 (CDT)

We controlled our mare's Cushings with diet, exercise, and natural
supplements. We didn't have to use meds until the last 6 months or so. She
was my SAR horse, we rode the mountains, and she had Cushings for 7 years! We
put her down at 24- which is a pretty decent age for a grand old mare. Wish I
had her back again but we had many many good years together. There is soooo
much more information about the syndrome now than there was then.

I'm sure you have many good years together still!!

Chris Pennington