msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Horse instinct

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Chuck Daniel" <iwhound@voyager.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Horse instinct
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:23:16 -0500

Hi Emily

In general, horses are not instinctively aggressive as all the others on the chat line have indicated.  Having said that, there are times when some horses can be aggressive.  These are usually the result of poor training, fear, nervousness, excessive energy, nutritional deficiencies or pain.  Poor training tops the list and this is further illustrated by those horses that are always testing the partnership, who is the dominate one in the human/horse partnership..  For further info, check out the following link.

Chuck Daniel
VP KVMSAR
KD8EIL