msar-riders - [MSAR] Horse instinct

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Emily Horsman" <horsmane@kellogg.edu>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Horse instinct
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 09:46:43 -0500

I'm with Great Lakes Search Team, of Battle Creek Michigan.  I was recently asked by a local professor if horses have a "natural instinct" to not charge/harm people.  I told him that they are primarily animals of prey, and not prey animals, and therefore I don't believe they would intentionally harm people, but advised him that I would ask the experts (you).  Any info on this would help.  Thanks.
Emily L. Horsman

Emily L. Horsman
Academic Advisor
Kellogg Community College

Did you know....
At least once a week, 28% of high school students fall asleep in school, 22% fall asleep while doing homework and 14% get to school late or miss school because they overslept!