msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR trainings in California?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR trainings in California?
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:45:35 -0700

Add June 22-24 2007 for the annual No CA Mounted SAREX, near Truckee (Euer Valley) every June. (2006 web link is on http://comspark.com/esarc/teams/mounted.htm ) I'm also encouraging some folks to start up a So CA Mounted SAREX since it is an all day haul for So CA folks to get to Truckee and the No CA Mounted SAREX also has a limit of 100 riders.

Will anyone be at SAR City? http://www.sarcity.org/drshome (October 13-15 ... 2nd weekend in Oct every year, in Barstow, CA. Classes run from 1800 Friday through noon Sunday.) If yes, I'll be there teaching Friday night and all Saturday afternoon ... introduce yourself. ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
www.ceoates.com/msar

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
From: "Cathy" <bmr@calinet.com>
Does anyone know of MSAR trainings available in California?

SAREX and SAR City normally include an MSAR track.

SAREX is the CA OES annual SAR conference that is hosted by a different
county each year in September.
http://sarex.org/

SAR City is a SAR conference that has been around for decades, and is in
Barstow every October.
http://sarcity.org/

SARCON is held every spring just outside Reno, NV, and provides excellent
training for the rider / searcher but doesn't have a "bring your horse"
track. NV hasn't posted a date yet for 2006.
http://dem.state.nv.us/UpcomingEvents.htm
or http://ebiz.netopia.com/washoesar/sarconferencesseminars/