msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Red Ribbons

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Ms Teri Oliver <terilynne3@yahoo.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Red Ribbons
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:19:06 -0400

[Deleted included prior post and HTML duplicate. -Una]

As far as red ribbons go, I have found that now matter how bright or big I
place them in the tail, many ignore them. That is their fault. I still use
them and they are the universal language for a possible kicker.

I am still hanging loose here in middle southern Tennessee. There isn't
anything around here even remotely close to what you guys are talking about.
I have started showing my trail mare in western pleasure classes and just
loping her around barrels and other speed events just to have her out (she
isn't a speed horse). We go on trail rides, which around here are straight up
and down and will test a horse, some don't make it...she loves it. But as
far as anything else...there's nothing. It is rather frustrating. She would
be excellent. Nothing scares her in the woods or on the road and she handles
great. She will go all day, even when she tires, she doesn't quit. If i point
her in the direction, she will go through, over, under or around it. She
LOVES to go.

Teri