msar-riders - [MSAR] Mounted Searcher standard / What standard is-- defacto, dejure, and maybe

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>, "MSAR-ASTM" <msar-astm@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Mounted Searcher standard / What standard is-- defacto, dejure, and maybe
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:33:34 -0700

From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>
To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 12:44 PM
Subject: Re: [MSAR] What standard is-- defacto, dejure, and maybe

[...] I am the TPOC. [...]
ASTM subcommittee F32.02 members who were present at the May
and November 2005 meetings helped me by discussing all negatives
despite the drafts being withdrawn by me for further revision, but
please note that doing so is not part of ASTM's formal due process.

(I am responding to this also in the ASTM MSAR standards forum, where this discussion should be taking place.)

Una, I'd like to move forward on the MSAR standards, and I'm sure others would, too. There are also many in MSAR or SAR Management at the local / state level who are waiting for the final product to be published by ASTM.

The vast majority of the last draft of the Mounted Searcher document that went to ballot last fall passed with no negative vote / comment, so we're very close to having a final version. Then we can move on to the related document that addresses the horsemanship issues for MSAR.

When can ASTM MSAR committee voting members (anyone can join ASTM www.astm.org and vote) expect to receive a new copy of the Mounted Searcher document, revised per agreements reached at the November 2005 ASTM F32.02 meeting, so we can move forward on ASTM MSAR standards?

-Jorene