msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR within Civil Air Patrol

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR within Civil Air Patrol
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:28:54 -0600

Jorene Downs wrote:
>Check with CAP in Oklahoma. A few years ago they were working on standards
>for CAP Mounted SAR.

That MSAR team's organizer tells me it has folded. He dropped
off our discussion groups, but I do have a current e-mail address
for him. Anyway, their aim was to adopt and adapt standard
operating guidelines (SOGs) from other CAP units that operate
mounted field ground teams. I understand there are some SOGs in
circulation within CAP.

If anyone here has copies of those SOGs, I would be interested
to see them, to compare to what other units are using. Maybe
send a copy to Irv Lichtenstein for him to add to his documents
library on CD.

(Irv, maybe it is time for me to add your CD to the recommended
reading list on the MSAR website. Are you up for that?)