msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] msar credentials and info

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] msar credentials and info
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:57:16 -0600

Irv Lichtenstein wrote:
>You should start with the sponsoring organization-- in CA many of these
>events or sessions should be sponsored by a Sheriff's Posse or a county
>affiliated SAR group. In Colorado it is the Search and Rescue Board and in
>other areas it may be a voluntary state SAR organization or council.

Yup. Which is precisely why I have attempted to gather, for each
jurisdiction, the legal agency or other established entity that is
responsible for SAR operations and training. Sometimes a single
entity is responsible for both operations and training, at least
at the level of setting guidelines, but often these two activities
are managed by separate entities.

URLs for these entities are included in the MSAR units directory:
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/index.html

Additions are more than welcome; please send them to me off list
so I can add them to the directory.

Thanks,