msar-riders - [MSAR] msar credentials and info

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Schipstar@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] msar credentials and info
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:17:14 EDT

In a message dated 6/23/2006 9:02:40 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
msar-riders-request@lists.ibiblio.org writes:

> Anyone wanting to enter into the field of Mounted Search and Rescue
> should thoroughly check out the credentials of the course instructor
> and staff before throwing away good money.

I agree with Tomi.
Even if they know SAR it does not mean they know Mounted SAR .
and if they know horses, it does not mean they know Mounted SAR .
Talk and type come easy and cheap, while proving, experience and credentials
is tough and they should be required.

As someone who is very interested in becoming involved in MSAR, and joined
this list to learn more about HOW to do so, I'd love to know if there's a
website or links to aid someone in checking out credentials, and also, would
love
to find out more about training going on in different areas. Specifically,
I'm located in Los Angeles County, CA, but would like to find out in advance
of training events that occur in this part of the U.S. so that I might be
able to attend.

ALSO, I'm very appreciative of the info on the "desensitizing" book, as I'm
involved in a Mounted Police squad, and would LOVE to know if there's a list
of MSAR books to read, again, in order to get as much info as possible about
MSAR.

thanks

Lynn

Lynn Brown
Ebonystar Schipperkes - Angelsgate Schipperke Rescue
_www.angelsgaterescue.com_ (http://www.angelsgaterescue.com/)
_www.schipperkerescue.com_ (http://www.schipperkerescue.com/)
Post Office Box 92283, Long Beach, CA 90809
(562) 428-9832