msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Flag training needed

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "LAURI STRUVE" <lstruve@msn.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Flag training needed
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:02:51 -0500

Pat, back in my Saddle Club Queen days... I practiced at home using a broom
stick with a piece of old sheet the size of a flag stapled to it. Worked
pretty good, about the same size, weight, movement etc. of a flag, and don't
have to worry about dropping it!

As for where to rest the flag, I had a flag holder that went around just
above my stirrup (western saddle) Some people w/ more coordination, rested
the flag on their boot tip, it can also be run through your stirrup hobbles
and rested on your stirrup by your foot, OR stuck down in your boot.

Hope this helps.

Lauri Struve