msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Riding alone

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Paul" <pfleming@nwlink.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Riding alone
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 10:22:51 -0800

Una,

For most of the good reasons already mentioned we do not sent out single searchers alone. If we end up with an odd number of searchers we send a three person team. May times on hasty searches while working major trails we will be instructed to check crossing trails to 200 yards. This is about the only time we split a team and this is with the clear understansing while alone they will not leave the trail and not exceed the mission limit. I have noticed when this is being done the teams seem to do a lot more chatting on the FRS radios .

Paul
PMSAR