msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Training venues

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "philip easley" <easleyranch@foothill.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Training venues
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:17:46 -0800

You have a good point. It used to be in California that most of the early
MSAR were ranchers. Now, I have trouble recruiting real ranchers here
because they do not have the time to put in. Bless their hearts, most of
our MSAR are the back yard horse folks whos jobs and lively will not fall
apart if called out at a moment's notice (Speaking from experience). I know
I barely have time to shake my head when off duty. much less spend a week
out of the county. Fortunately, our calving and foaling season starts in
January. We have much less severe Winters here. Lots of rain though.
Philip Easley
NCSSAR