msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 36, Issue 18

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "philip easley" <easleyranch@foothill.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 36, Issue 18
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 06:11:12 -0800

Bonnie,
Even we went through that problem about 22 years ago and even as recent as
15 years ago. I had to retrain the thinking of the SAR Coordinators. Back
then it was the Clue Conscious training we did and the education I did with
Larry Buffalo in OES. When we started the Mini SAREX in Nevada County, we
incorporated that training. We and all the other (Now old timers) pushed
the training in the annual State SAREX training. Now I seldom see the
problem of holding back the horses until the dogs get there problem in IC.
Even when we get called out by OES on Mutual aid in other counties.
Philip Easley
NCSSAR