msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Foal Watch

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Foal Watch
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:33:37 -0500

Philip, I have heard that this is because the burrow is a mountain animal
and often has no room for flight when attacked. He has had to learn to
defend himself and watch for a safe escape, as opposed to horses whose first
defense is flight. I used to have a burrow growing up and loved it. I've
been trying to talk my 350lb husband into a mule for years over a Percheron,
he thinks I am making fun of him because of the image mules have. I wish I
could get the two of you together.