msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] New Year's Resolutions for Horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] New Year's Resolutions for Horses
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 09:13:41 -0700

Jane wrote:
>I suggest the person that made this get professional
>riding and training lessons.

My thought exactly. :-)

I think the list serves a useful purpose for MSAR: to remind
us all that the majority of recreational horse riders barely
have even an "awareness" level knowledge of good horsemanship.
That is part of why it is so important for our MSAR units to
select our recruits, rather than just letting the recruits
select us.