msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] New Year's Resolutions for Horses

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo <pennbo@bbv.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] New Year's Resolutions for Horses
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 10:02:28 -0800

I do not see how any of you can equate what was meant as a fun and silly poke at the foibles of our trusty steeds to a list showing that someone needs more professional riding and training- and from there to someone who shouldn't be a member of MSAR. I for one have experienced just about everything on that list of Resolutions. Did I allow the horse to get away with it? Nah. But did I laugh when I read the list? You bet! And after 45 years of riding and owing horses I wouldn't say I was inexperienced...but I am aware of equine behavior. My advice would be to lighten up.

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR