msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Correction: NIMS compliance / FEMA

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Correction: NIMS compliance / FEMA
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:44:12 -0800

From: "Tm' Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
NP Jorene, I know that you and I needed to the 200 and I am guessing
you had to take the IS-800 too.

Yep, I needed IS 800 and several others related to disaster (Emergency Management, COOP, etc.), and there are many I still need / want to take as I find time. I waited for the rewrite of ICS 300 before going after that status officially - the original I-300 was very fire-oriented, and my law enforcement / SAR / disaster background didn't make me strong in the Fire side of an incident, so I stalled and went after other certification first.

Since ICS was created here in CA I've been using it for many years. Our state level SEMS was the model for NIMS, so making that transition isn't a problem, either. But in recent years I've started collecting certification to go along with the knowledge. I'm an instructor or in the EOC or at the ICP in various incident-specific capacities, regardless, but now I'm gathering the official credentials to go in my file. ;)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co SAR - Hasty Team ICP Team
www.ceoates.com/sar